- General Assistance (local welfare) to qualified, low-income individuals for their basic needs. This program is administered through the Township Supervisor’s office. Township caseworkers review eligibility criteria including financial and non-financial requirements. General assistance recipients must be residents of the township and citizens or legal residents of the U.S.
- Assessment of all real estate parcels within township boundaries for property tax purposes. The Township Assessor and staff of deputy assessors review and determine assessed valuations for more than 39,000 residential, commercial, industrial and farm parcels within Aurora Township’s boundaries and maintains an online database of all property within Aurora Township.
- Maintenance of roads and bridges in the unincorporated areas of the township, including snowplowing, maintenance of pavements, drainage culverts, surface repair and road rebuilds for approximately 42 miles of roads and streets in the unincorporated areas of the township. The Township Highway Commissioner is in charge of this office, which is also known as the Aurora Township Road District or Highway Department.
Providing residents with human service and community advocacy programs since 1849
Aurora Township goes beyond the minimum mandated services by providing senior and youth services for township residents. These include:
- Youth Services: We have a full time youth activity center with after-school programs, as well as summer programs. Our youth services staff also provides outreach and mentoring programs in the local grade schools, middle schools and high schools for youth.
- Senior Services: Aurora Township is a major provider of paratransit and transportation for senior and disabled citizens through its Ride-In-Kane program. Through a partnership with PACE, the suburban transit agency, the township provides over 30,000 rides per year, with a priority for medical appointments and dialysis, on 7 full-time routes operating PACE lift-equipped buses.
Volunteers are needed to help deliver hot meals and holiday gifts to homebound senior citizens on Saturday December...
The current timeline for the Electrical Aggregation plan is now available. Residents in the unincorporated areas of...
Aurora Township is now accepting applications for part-time bus drivers. Both the application forms which can be...