- General Assistance (local welfare) to qualified, low-income individuals for their basic needs. This program is administered through the Township Supervisor’s office. Township caseworkers review eligibility criteria including financial and non-financial requirements. General assistance recipients must be residents of the township and citizens or legal residents of the U.S.
- Assessment of all real estate parcels within township boundaries for property tax purposes. The elected Township Assessor and staff of deputy assessors review and determine assessed valuations for more than 39,000 residential, commercial, industrial and farm parcels within Aurora Township’s boundaries and maintains an online database of all property within Aurora Township.
- Maintenance of roads and bridges in the unincorporated areas of the township, including snowplowing, maintenance of pavements, drainage culverts, surface repair and road rebuilds for approximately 42 lane miles of roads and streets in the unincorporated areas of the township. The elected Township Highway Commissioner is in charge of this office, which is also known as the Aurora Township Road District or Highway Department.
Providing residents with human service and community advocacy programs since 1849
Aurora Township goes beyond the minimum mandated services by providing senior and youth services for township residents. These include:
- Youth Services: We have a full time youth activity center with after-school programs, as well as summer programs. Our youth services staff also provides outreach and mentoring programs in the local grade schools, middle schools and high schools for youth.
- Senior Services: Aurora Township is a major provider of paratransit and public transportation for senior and disabled citizens through its Ride-In-Kane program. Through a partnership with PACE, the suburban transit agency, the township provides more than 30,000 rides per year, with a priority for medical appointments and dialysis, on 7 full-time routes operating PACE lift-equipped buses.
AURORA – Registration is now open for after-school programming in both basketball and homework help at the...
On Tuesday August 5, Aurora Township will join thousands of communities nationwide in celebrating the 31st Annual...
Residents and small businesses can save an estimated $189 over the next three years as part of a successful electrical...